Many elements of the environment we live in today have a detrimental effect on the function of our immune system. Exposure to these environmental pollutants like poisonous chemicals and chemical compounds like pesticides and prescription medications. Physical materials like asbestos and living organisms like mold and algae, even unseen pollutants like EM radiation. Exposure to these things can lead to weakened immunity which results in increased susceptibility to virtually every type of illness that you can think of. This can often make us feel like we are constantly under attack.
It is estimated that healthy adults in our society get an average of two colds per year. People who have two or more colds or infectious illnesses than that are likely to have some sort of problem with their immune system function.
Signs and symptoms of impaired immune function include fatigue, inflammation, allergic reactions, repeated infections, and chronic digestive problems.
It can be overwhelming!
The immune system is unlike any other system in the body in that it does not consist of physical structures but a system of complex interactions involving many organs, glands, and substances. These include white blood cells, bone marrow, lymphatic vessels and specialized cells found in various body tissue called serum factors. All these components work together to protect your body against infection and disease.
In simplest terms, the function of the immune system is to identify those things that are “self” (that naturally belong in the body) and those that are “non-self” (foreign or otherwise harmful material), and then to neutralize or destroy that which is non-self.
Marvelous as it is, your immune system can work as it should only if it is cared for properly. There are several things that we can do to care for our immunity:
- Consistent, moderate exercise (but don’t overdo it). Exercise reduces stress and elevates mood, this has a positive effect on the immune system.
- Begin a diet of fresh fruits and vegetables (preferably raw) plus nuts, seeds, grains and other foods high in fiber. Consume “green drinks”.
- Drink 6 to 8 ounces of purified water daily (without exception).
- Be sure to get sufficient sleep. As much as possible (avoid stress).
- Do not overeat. Avoid sugar as much as possible and fried foods.
- Quit smoking and avoid consuming alcohol.
- Supplement your diet (there are many ways to do this) with the basic nutrients that promote proper immune function (Vit. A, C, and E, Zinc, Selenium. Herbal supplements like Echinacea, Goldenseal, St. Johns Wart and many others promote a strong immune response.
- See a chiropractor.
One of the most effective things that we can do to improve the function and efficiency of our immune system is to detoxify.
At New Life , we use an ozone sauna. With the use of steam and oxygen, it has a rapid effect on one’s liver and lymphatic tissue.
Rising the body temperature results in the elimination of bacteria and viruses, combined with heavy sweating, creates a cleansing effect initiated by ozone will result in elimination of toxins accumulated mainly in the lymphatic system relieving the liver from the difficult task of processing them. Through the centuries, men and women have used steam to purify the skin, soothe sore muscles, boost circulation and to simply relax. The combined action of steam and ozone cleanse the lymphatic system, which carries 90% of the body’s fluids. Ozone brings oxygen to the tissues for enhanced health and vitality. Ozone Sauna Therapy is a natural, effective way to promote overall health and wellness.If you are looking for a natural doctor near me and would like to know more about a detoxification program that is right for you, call or Schedule an appointment (678)-721-0096.
Yours in Health,